Thursday, February 5, 2009

Dear The World,

"Recessionista" is not an acceptable word to be using, ever. In fact, is is NOT A WORD at all. Yes, I said it. I think it is gross and I honestly want to puke every single time i hear (or, more often, read) it. Whoever made it up should be severely punished, perhaps with one of these devices. My personal favorite is the hanging cage, but I prefer the one I saw in Germany that looks like a giant bird cage with giant spikes all over  the bottom, so you might get the opportunity to bleed to death before dying of starvation or exposure. Lovely. 
While we're at it, can we also stop with the "fashionista"/"stylista" business? It really is nearly as bad. Can't you just say that someone is stylish? Is it really necessary to make up stupid, ridiculous words to say something so simple?

Thank You.

1 comment:

kittensocks said...

Dear Karen: I have never heard that word used, but I would like to begin the thrashing of those that do as soon as possible.
Love, Bekki