Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I've never had a job because I've never wanted one

Whoa, look: an outfit post! Dude. I know. Today I was feeling a little bad-ass (more bad-ass esque, I guess, I'm not sure I'm capable of true bad-assery) So I wore my leather look leggings and sweet sweet Sam Edelman ankle boots that I hadn't actually worn out yet. I also wore a flannel I stole from my Dad this weekend, I ransacked the house for clothes and ended up with a pretty dece haul, including several (un-ripped) flannels of my father's. This picture is in my living room, if you were wondering. Now you know what another part of my house looks like. Please note the tiger blanket and crying baby piggy bank.
They're actually a bit big, but I ordered them from UO and by the time I got them they were sold out of the grey ones and I didn't want another colour, so whatever, it just means I can wear real socks. AND you should be proud of me, I actually wore them all day at school (8:30-3) and I usually end up changing into flats after my first class (I'm a bit of a wimp)

And Now, Things That Happened Today:
  1. We learnt about how, in the 18th Century, women used to wear wigs up to 3' tall (most women at the time were between 4' and 5' tall)and decorate them with such tasteful things as model ships, vases full of flowers, and cages with live birds inside. We think that that would be an excellent party theme.
  2. During the fashion club meeting, two of my teachers ogled my boots the whole time and told me they were the most amazing thing ever (one said she worshiped them) and at the end of the meeting told everyone to look at my boots because they were so amazing. Then everyone freaked their beans for a bit. You should also note that there is a map of New York on the sole.
  3. Also in the fashion club meeting, we discussed out upcoming pub crawl, with the theme "neon-a-thon", and i must say I'm actually looking forward to it.
  4. For our retail buying class, we had to do consumer research in the form of a fashion count or questionnaire. I am at a loss as to what this actually has to do with retail buying, actually, we haven't really learned anything about actual retail buying yet, but I digress. My group chose to count the number of girls wearing Uggs, Lululemon sweatpants, and both at once. Out of 200 girls in the college that walked by us, 54 fit in to one of the categories. That's over 25%! EW! And now we have to write a ten page paper about our findings, oh wait, NO, I believe our teacher's exact words were "Oh, um, I don't know? Is 10 pages fair? I think that sounds good?" Right. That should be lovely.
  5. I forgot it was only Tuesday several times and got excited about it being Wednesday, and then got very sad when I realized it was not.

1 comment:

kittensocks said...

My drawing prof has similar shoes. also, I am excited about the outfit post.